The rogues are all looking forward to the upcoming The Amazing Meeting 6 (TAM), which will be held in Las Vegas from June 19-22. This meetings has evolved over the years into the de facto annual meeting of the skeptical community. The speakers are incredible (this year Neil DeGrasse Tyson is the keynote) and it’s pretty much non-stop skeptical fun. Despite the size of the meeting (should have about 1000 attendees) it has a very intimate feel – last year Christopher Hitchens showed up at Rebecca’s party to hang out.
The SGU will be having a number of events at TAM6 this year:
– Breakfast with the SGU: On Friday and Saturday morning the rogues will have the stage during the breakfast hour, to warm up the crowd for a day of skeptical lectures. We will be recording a live podcast from the stage, and will be taking questions from the audience. We may also have a few surprises in store and some new material to show our listeners.
– On Friday night we will be having a dinner get-together with SGU fans. Last year we had this at Quark’s Bar. This year Rebecca is in charge of choosing a venue, so it will likely be a bit less geeky. As soon as we have a location I will update this post with the info, but we will announce this at the event also.
– On Saturday night Rebecca will be hosting her now famous party for JREF and SGU forum members. Just keep in mind there are still more lectures on Sunday morning.
– Throughout the event we will be interviewing all of the speakers, but we also want to chat with our listeners. Who knows, you may hear yourself on a future SGU episode.
– We finally have our new logo (thanks Jay for all the time you put into this). And so at TAM6 we will be debuting our new and improved swag. Visit us at the SGU table and check out our T-shirts and other stuff.
There are a few more things in the works, but are not official yet. I will update this post between now and TAM6 as plans solidify. Hope to see you all there.