Department of Corrections
On behalf of both Skepchick and the Skeptics’ Guide to the Universe, I’d like to make the following admissions, apologies, and corrections.
- On last week’s SGU, we discussed a news item concerning the discovery that bees participate in a kind of “Mexican Wave” to ward off predators. I stated that I was aware of the Mexican Wave though I had only ever called it “The Wave” because I’m not a racist. I’d like to apologize to the people of Mexico and clarify that I was only kidding.
- Immediately following my Mexican Wave comment, I called Steve a “cracker.” I apologize to all our saltine-colored listeners for that remark, which I was fairly sure would be edited out of the show before airing.
- On another recent show, the men of SGU mentioned someone at Dragon*Con wearing a stuffed animal on her head, implying that the costume was less than stellar. I suggested at the time that they were incorrect, but had no evidence by which to judge. I recently was able to see the evidence and would like to state for the record that Steve, Bob, and Evan were dead wrong and that kid ROCKS.
- I made myself a promise to start writing solid skeptical articles for posting every Tuesday morning, but have been foiled the past few weeks. Today’s excuse: I was out all day yesterday filming a fun project, and am now bogged down with worky work. I will attempt to correct this in the near future.
- Thanks to Mip on the SGU forum for that amazing Mexican bee drawing. You rock as much as the kid with the head crab.