I received a tri-fold pamphlet in the mail the other day. It is from The Geocentric Bible Foundation, Inc. of Hugoton, Kansas. The pamphlet’s title reads:
Have Scientists Been Wrong For 400 Years?
Accompanied by a picture of the Earth just below the title, it reads:
This FREE book could turn your world around. See inside to learn how.
Here is what it says inside:
Now in this free book, you can learn what scientists haven’t been telling you for four centuries:
– That written evidence and ancient witnesses around the world record a time when an unusually long span of daylight or night occurred. But scientists cannot explain why this event did not cause massive earthquakes or coastal flooding.
– Why heliocentric scientists have been forced to develop their own geocentric models, such as those of Lense and Thirring and Barbour and Bertotti, in the name of Mach’s Principal and Relativity. An experiment underway right now is looking for the Lense-Thirring effect, an effect predicted by a Relativity-based geocentric model.
– That the mobility of the earth is the only place where science and The Bible have come into real conflict, and is the starting point for all churches that have compromised the authority of Scripture
– Why heliocentric scientists have failed to develop equations and counter-theories from the minds of brilliant physicists including Barbour and Bertotti. Equations that could lead to new understanding of the universe!
– Astronomers have deliberately ignored fundamental experimental results of the 1870’s and 1880’s that showed the earth to be standing still.
– That ALL PHENOMENA– including the stationary satellite thousands of miles above the earth – are better explained by geocentricity.
It continues ….
Literally dozens of Bible verses support the concept of the earth as a central point in God’s universe. Even skeptical believers can find compelling evidence in familiar and lesser-known passages in Genesis, Exodus, Ecclesiastes, Psalms, Judges, and more. As R.G. Elmendorf wrote in the Biblical Astronomer pamphlet: “The philosophical consequences of the geocentric/heliocentric controversy are plain enough that if the earth is not fixed on center stage of the universe, then life on earth and man himself are essentially meaningless.”
The back cover reads:
Where’s The Proof? Ever since the scientific community adopted heliocentrism as fact, attempts have been made to prove it. Some of these attempts should have worked. Remarkably, not only has NOT ONE of these attempts produced the proof, but also the results of all of them are consistent with the hypothesis that the earth is at rest. For more information, visit www.geocentricity.com
I think I can sum up this pamphlet as such:
They must have mistaken me for Ben Stein.